College of Western Idaho
To take dual credit class through CWI, students must:
- be at least 16 years old or have successfully completed at least one-half of the high school graduation requirements as certified by their local school district/home school administrator*
- maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- meet the prerequisites/placement requirements of a course
- obtain permission from high school administrative representative and signature of parent/guardian
*Students under 16 or who have not completed half of their graduation requirements may still participate in the dual credit program by submitting the Sophomore by Exception form included within the Dual Credit Registration Packet.
- Admission and Registration window: Monday, August 21, 2023, to Friday, October 6, 2023
- Drop and refund deadline: Friday, November 3, 2023 (full refund, no grade)
- Withdrawal deadline: Monday, November 27, 2023 (no refund, W for a grade)
- Admission and Registration window: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, to Friday, March 8, 2024
- Drop and refund deadline: Friday, April 5, 2024 (full refund, no grade)
- Withdrawal deadline: Friday, April 26, 2024 (no refund, W for a grade)
CWI Registration Checklist
- Talk to your parents and your school Site Coordinator/Counselor about dual credit courses offered through IDLA. Be sure to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of college credit available through a dual credit course. A full list of course offerings can be found on the IDLA Course Catalog.
- Be sure you meet any prerequisite requirements for the course prior to registering for the course.
- Work with your Site Coordinator to register for the course through IDLA.
- Check your registration confirmation email for the course start date and other important information.
- Register as a student through CWI.
- Click the Register Button on the CWI Dual Credit Website. and then select the option that says ‘Register Through Idaho Digital Learning’.
- Please note: If you already have a DualEnroll account through BSU, CSI, or UI please do not create a new DualEnroll account. Simply log in with your existing username and password through CWI’s Dualenroll portal at https://cwi.dualenroll.com.
- Read through all of the directions and, if desired, watch the registration video. before beginning the process.
- Once a student profile has been created in DualEnroll.com, enroll in the college course section. To do so, you will need the name of the CWI course you are trying to register for, in addition to your teacher’s name and section number. This information will be found within your IDLA course.
- Talk to your parents and your school Site Coordinator/Counselor about Advanced Opportunities funds provided by the State of Idaho. Determine whether or not to use these funds to pay for the cost of your college credits.
- Using Advanced Opportunity funding? Work with your school Site Coordinator/Counselor to register through the state Advanced Opportunities portal.
- Not using Advanced Opportunity funding?
- Review to verify if you need to complete a certificate of residency with your county by reading this Certificate of Residency.
- Check or Money Order – Please make payable to College of Western Idaho, and write the student’s name and date of birth or student ID number on the memo line.
- Credit/Debit Card – You can use a credit/debit card at the One Stop, by calling One Stop (208.562.3000), or by logging into your MyCWI account.
- Login into my.cwi.edu.
- Locate My Toolkit for students on the right side of MyCWI.
- Click “Student Account Information”.
- Click “View Account/Make Payment”.
- If you have difficulties logging into your myCWI account, please contact CWI’s Help Desk at 208-562-3444.
The “Abandoned” feature is for students who immediately realize that they registered for the wrong course and would like to correct their selection. By selecting “Abandon,” the request to register for that particular course will be ignored, and the student will not be registered or charged.
Drop a Course
Dropping a course by the Drop Deadline (see IDLA CWI Deadlines Tab) will remove the student from the course without any consequence. The charges will be reversed on the student’s account and they will not be given a grade for the class. To drop, all students must submit a Withdrawal Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the drop deadline.
Withdraw from a Course
Withdrawing from a course by the Withdrawal Deadline (see IDLA CWI Deadlines Tab) will remove the student from the course, however, the student will still incur a permanent academic record of a W, and funds will NOT be returned to the student or the State. While a W is preferable over an F, W grades can still have a number of negative consequences, including negatively impacting student’s eligibility for Federal Financial Aid. To withdraw, all students must submit a Withdrawal Form to email@example.com by the withdrawal deadline.
All CWI students must register through the Dual Enroll registration system, paper applications will no longer be accepted.
Parents/guardians are notified via email of the student’s intent to take a CWI class, but parent permission is not required. If a parent/guardian does not wish for their student to participate in the dual credit program, parents/guardians should contact CWI’s Dual Credit Office as soon as possible at 208-562-3371.